MAIN BUILDING RESTORATION + NEW FRANK CHURCH TECHNOLOGY CLASSROOM BUILDING
1010 WEST WASHINGTON STREET
A complete historic restoration and renovation of the 1908 Boise High School “Old Main” Classroom Building* included life safety upgrades, ADA accessibility improvements, new electrical, data/
tel, lighting systems, and a re-roof. The renovation was completed in phases to allow continual occupancy by the students.
The learning environment was enhanced by larger classrooms, and the creation of a new Special Education Wing, while the old cafeteria was transformed into a complete Art Wing.
During the renovation forgotten architectural details, such as the columns flanking the administrative wing hallway, were uncovered and restored. New finishes through the building, as well as new lockers, signage and displays, completed the renovation.
The 80,000 SF renovation was completed in 1998.
The Frank Church Technology Building was designed to complement the historic architecture as a Auxiliary Classroom building on and within this urban campus. The new classroom building contains a Media Center, a Social Center + Cafeteria, Science and Computer Laboratories, and Gymnasium.
*In-Association with Hummel
Chad J. Slichter AIA NCARB
Project Architect ( Hummel 1993 – 2004 )
Gregory A. Ugrin AIA NCARB
Project Designer ( Hummel 1994 – 2014 )